An Ant Survives A Rainstorm

My new "old" album was released today by FOUNTAINavm. This album titled "An Ant Survives A Rainstorm" is a curated collection of music and sound experiments from 1987-1992. 

  • Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/48BCYYiga5NhXQazkiEfFg
  • YouTube Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLA48sh7Gc&list=OLAK5uy_mdH2ddwRDk234I3YRfrAGNFCq4f9BCbLk

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, I was writing hundreds of songs on my old Ensoniq EPS, Peavey DPM, and Kurzweil K2000S keyboard synths. A few years ago, I came in contact with Adam Terry from FOUNTAINavm, and he asked if he could listen to my collection of nine, 60-minute-long old audio tapes I had made of unreleased music from my youth.


Adam selected several songs from the collection, and I poured through my old floppy disks to find these tracks and re-record them for this project . . . MOST of them. A couple songs had been lost to time, and we just made do with the old recordings we had. 

Adam curated an interesting selection that's different from my usual sound. I'm happy with the result. I've enjoyed riding around in my car late at night listening to An Ant Survives A Rainstorm and hope you would too.

Thanks to FOUNTAINavm for releasing this music and thanks for listening!

Comments

Popular Posts