Live Performance 3/17/2022

This past Thursday I found myself digging deep into the archives to once again play my music live, which hasn't happened in ~30 years. The poster was awesome! 



For the set I decided to play 5 songs:

  • Darkest America (1990 title track to Darkest Amercia)
  • Soil (1991 song off of Freeze)
  • Percussion Brilliance (never before released request from Adam Terry)
  • Trooky (1999 track off of Wild)
  • The Fire Hound (2021 track from Red Pinto Hatchback)
I decided I actually wanted to "perform" a few of these tracks, so I went out and bought myself a Novation mini-pad and loaded Ableton on to a laptop. For Darkest America I ended up sampling each section and part of the song as individual loops and then played it live with a little remixing. To be honest, it was a lot of work getting that song down, but I had a lot of fun doing it.

Practicing DA on the novation

I ended up purchasing a 360 camera just before this, so I was able to capture the first 3 songs and half of the 4th song before the camera ran out of battery.  If you have a VR headset, this video is a really fun watch.

It was great to see my old friends Kami and Rob from Banlecoix there watching, and I made a lot of new friends and contacts thanks to Mr. Adam Terry who put the whole thing together.

Comments

Popular Posts